Green Edge Applications Limited Website Terms and Conditions of USE
In using this website, including on-line training courses, you are deemed to have read and agreed to the following terms and conditions:
Welcome to the Green Edge Applications Limited website terms and conditions. We hope that You are enjoying your visit to our Website and find the content and services useful. Please note that by using this Website, including on-line training, You agree to be bound by the terms and conditions set out below. If You do not agree to be bound by these terms and conditions, then please do not use or access this Website or carry out on-line trianing.
By using this Website and/or registering for Services You agree to be bound by the terms and conditions set out below. If You do not agree to be bound by these terms and conditions hereunder; please do not use or access this Website.
From time to time, it will be necessary to update the terms and conditions and You agree to be bound by the new terms and conditions after the implementation date for the revised terms and conditions.
Definitions in these Terms and Conditions: –
“Client” means any person who registers to use the Service.
“Conditions” and “Agreement” mean these terms and conditions. In using this website, you are deemed to have read and agreed to these terms and conditions.
“Intellectual Property” means any patent, invention, copyright, database right, registered or unregistered design, trademark displayed on the Website (whether registered or unregistered), trade name, logo, trade secrets, know-how or other industrial or intellectual property right subsisting anywhere in the world, and applications for any of the foregoing, together with the goodwill thereon.
“Service” means general use of the website and on-line training services provided by the Green Edge Applications through this website. Bespoke training and consultancy services are arranged in accordance with Green Edge Application’s Standard Terms and Conditions in addition to this Agreement.
“User” and “You” means anyone who uses this Website.
“Website” means the Green Edge Applications Limited website operating under the domain name of www.greenedgeapps.co.uk.
All Intellectual Property Rights in the materials on this Website including on-line training (as well as the organisation and layout of this Website) and the copyright in the text, artwork, graphics and images on the Website, including all on-line training content, is owned by Green Edge Applications Limited or its licensors or its content or technology providers except where otherwise specified. Nothing in these terms and conditions transfers to You any rights of ownership of such intellectual property rights, or constitutes a licence to use such intellectual property rights other than to the extent expressly set out in these terms and conditions. Without Green Edge Application‘s prior written permission, You may not copy, modify, alter, publish, broadcast, distribute, sell or transfer any material on this Website, including all on-line training content, whether in whole or in part. However, the contents of this Website may be downloaded, printed or copied for your personal non-commercial use or some of the website shared through ‘Facebook’, and ‘Twitter’.
Basis of use of the website
You agree that:-
- You are aged 18 or over and are legally capable of entering into binding contracts;
- You understand, acknowledge and accept the exclusion of liability and disclaimer provisions contained hereafter;
- You will only view the Information on the Website for your own private purpose and will not publish, reproduce, store or retransmit any of the Information contained in the Website at any time; unless through the ‘Facebook’ or ‘Twitter’ buttons more fully described on the Website;
- You shall not use the Information for any unlawful purpose or in any unlawful manner;
- You shall not use the Website or the Information in any manner which may constitute an infringement of any third-party rights (including but not limited to rights of copyright, trademark or confidentiality);
- You shall not run any tools on the Website that systematically retrieve web pages for offline or online viewing; whether it be for personal, commercial, experimental, educational or any other use;
- All intellectual property rights (including without limitation copyright, trademarks and all other rights) whatsoever in the Information and the Website shall remain vested in Green Edge Applications Limited at all times;
- You will indemnify and keep indemnified Green Edge Applications Limited against all claims, liabilities, damages, costs and expenses including legal fees arising out of any misuse of the Information or the Website or breach of your obligations under his agreement.
- You acknowledge that Green Edge Applications Limited has no obligation to provide the Website or any Information or to ensure that you are able to use, provide and/or access the Information and the Web.
You also agree that You shall not:
- upload, post, e-mail, transmit, distribute or otherwise publish any message, information, text or other material that we deem to be unlawful, libellous, pornographic, harassing, racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable;
- upload or transmit any material that would constitute or encourage a criminal offence or violate the rights of any party;
- impersonate any person or entity or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity; or
- upload, post, e-mail, transmit, or otherwise make available any material that contains software viruses or programs designed to negatively affect the functionality of any system, computer software, hardware or telecom equipment.
You are responsible for all use of the Website made by you and for preventing unauthorised use of your user name and password. If you believe there has been any breach of security such as the disclosure, theft or unauthorised use of your user name and password, please notify us immediately.
Without limiting our other remedies, we may immediately issue a warning, suspend use or access to this Website and refuse to provide our services to you without notice to you: (a) if you breach any of these Conditions or warranties or any documents incorporated by reference or; (b) if we believe that your actions may cause legal liability for you, our users (registered or otherwise) or us.
The Website is presented on an “as is” basis. We make no representations or warranties of any kind whatsoever, express or implied, in connection with these Conditions or the Website, including but not limited to warranties of satisfactory quality, non-infringement or fitness for a particular purpose, except to the extent that such representations and warranties are not excludable by law. The information displayed is of a general nature and is not intended to address your particular requirements or constituting any form of advice, recommendation or arrangement by us.
We make all reasonable efforts to ensure that the information on our Website is accurate and up-to-date. However, you should always independently check any information before you rely on it. We do not represent or warrant that the information accessible via this Website is accurate, complete or current and we do not accept liability for any loss whatsoever arising from any inaccuracy or information that is out of date.
The Client is responsible for adhering to all relevant legislation and regulations related to their sector or industry.
The Client is fully responsible for all Customer Information supplied while using this Service.
Third party websites
The Website contains links to websites operated by parties other than Green Edge Applications. Such links are provided for the User’s convenience only. Green Edge Applications Limited does not control such websites and is not responsible for their content. Green Edge Applications Limited’s inclusion of links to such websites does not imply any endorsement of the material on such websites or any association with their operators. The User is solely responsible for evaluating the accuracy and completeness of any information contained on the third-party websites, and also the value and integrity of any Items and services offered by such websites.
You may only link to this Website with Our express written permission. We expressly reserve the right to withdraw our consent at any time to a link which in our sole opinion is inappropriate or controversial.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Green Edge Applications Limited undertakes to use reasonable skill and care in providing the Services as described on the Website.
The Information displayed on the Website by Green Edge Applications Limited is a ‘snapshot’ of information at a given time and is subject to change. Clients accept that the information is time-limited and may not reflect the position at any time after it is initially posted be Green Edge Applications Limited.
Green Edge Applications Limited will therefore accept no liability for the accuracy of any information displayed on the Website.
Disclaimer and limitation of liability
The User uses the Service at its own risk and in no event shall Green Edge Applications Limited be liable for any direct, consequential, incidental or special damage or loss of any kind (except personal injury or death resulting from Green Edge Applications Limited’s negligence) including, but not limited to, inability to use social media, loss of money, the User’s identity theft, loss of or corruption of data or the User’s inability to use the Service, however caused and whether arising under contract or tort, including negligence or otherwise except as expressly provided herein.
Users must make every effort to secure their username, passwords details and should not under any circumstance disclose their username and password and details to a third party or by an email request. Green Edge Applications Limited, nor its directors, employees or representatives will be liable for damages arising out of or in connection with the use of this Website or the information, content, materials or Items included on this Website. This is a comprehensive limitation of liability that applies to all damages of any kind.
It is the User’s responsibility to maintain and update browser, firewall or anti-virus and anti-spyware software. The User must protect their computer and/or device and ensure they update all security software by downloading the latest security patches from relevant software provider.
Green Edge Applications Limited cannot guarantee 100% uptime and endeavours to provide Services as described on the Website.
Green Edge Applications Limited is not responsible for any technical issue with regards the purchase of any Items.
Green Edge Applications Limited shall not be liable to the Client or be deemed to be in breach of the Terms and Conditions by reason of delay in performing, or any failure to perform, any of our obligations in relation to the Service, if the delay or failure was beyond our reasonable control. Without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing, the following shall be regarded as causes beyond our reasonable control: act of god, explosion, flood, tempest, fire or accident; weather, war or threat of war, sabotage, pandemic flu or virus, insurrection, civil disturbance or requisition; acts, restrictions, regulations, bye-laws, prohibitions or measures or any kind on the part of any governmental, parliamentary or local authority; import or export regulations or embargoes; strikes, lock-outs or other industrial actions, power cuts or trade disputes (whether involving our employees or of a third party); or difficulties in obtaining the System, labour, fuel, parts or machinery.
Green Edge Applications Limited cannot be held responsible or deemed in breach of these Terms and Conditions in any way for third party delays, technical faults, including delivery failures affecting our performance.
Additional conditions for the provision of on-line training
In consideration of receipt by us of the course fee, we grant to you a non-exclusive, non-transferable licence to use the training course materials for the sole purpose of personal home or work use. As such, you and any authorised ‘username and password’ holder may make copies of the training course materials as necessary incidental acts during your viewing of it.
Save as expressly set out in these Terms, you may not modify, copy, reproduce, re-publish, upload, post, transmit or distribute in any way any of the training course materials. Any use of the training course materials not expressly permitted in these Terms is strictly prohibited and will constitute an infringement of either our copyright or our other intellectual property rights, and / or the copyright or other intellectual property rights of our licensors.
Green Edge Applications Limited will use all reasonable endeavours to provide the Service as described on the Website. Due to the nature of such Services, the time will not be the essence of the contract.
Green Edge Applications Limited may at any time amend the Service for any reason including, but not limited to, technical, legal or business reasons.
Green Edge Applications Limited will use all reasonable endeavours to maintain the functionality of the Website including on-line training. However, no responsibility will be accepted for any downtime or unavailability of the Website including online training or any impairment or lack of access to the Information provided on the Website.
We make all reasonable efforts to ensure that the information disseminated within our training courses is accurate and up-to-date. However, you should always independently check any information before you rely on it. We do not represent or warrant that the information accessible via any of our training courses is accurate, complete or current and we do not accept liability for any loss whatsoever arising from any inaccuracy or information that is out of date.
Green Edge Applications shall not be liable for any breach of this contract if the relevant action in respect of that breach is commenced more than 12 months after completion of the Services in respect of this commission.
The Client uses the Service at its own risk and in no event shall Green Edge Applications Limited be liable to the Client for any direct, consequential, incidental or special damage or loss of any kind (except personal injury or death resulting from Green Edge Applications Limited’s negligence) including but not limited to, loss of profits, loss of contracts, business interruptions, Client missing deadlines, loss of or corruption of data or the Client ‘s inability to use the Service, however caused and whether arising under contract or tort, including negligence or otherwise except as expressly provided herein.
If any exclusion, disclaimer or other provision contained in this Agreement is held to be invalid for any reason by a court of competent jurisdiction and Green Edge Applications Limited becomes liable thereby for loss or damage that may lawfully be limited, such liability whether in contract, tort (including negligence) or otherwise, will not exceed the total amount of one hundred pounds in the event of such liability arising.
No refunds of fees for online training will be payable under any circumstances.
This website is owned and operated by:
Green Edge Applications Limited,
Station Yard Industrial Estate,
Green Edge Applications Limited shall be entitled to assign or transfer our obligations or rights to a competent third party or to any associated company whether in whole or in part. The User may not assign or transfer any of your rights or obligations without our written consent.
These terms and conditions contain all the terms of your agreement with us relating to your use of this Website. No other written or oral statement (including statements in any brochure or promotional literature published by us) will be incorporated. Your use of this Website, any downloaded material from it, this Agreement and the operation of these terms and conditions shall be governed by, construed and interpreted in accordance with the laws of England and the Client agrees to submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
Failure or delay by Green Edge Applications Limited in enforcing any term of the Agreement shall not be construed as a waiver of any of its rights under it.
The illegality, invalidity or unenforceability of any part of this Agreement will not affect the legality, validity or enforceability of the remainder.
Collection of your information
We will collect personal information if you register for our services, or if you make an enquiry. The personal information which you may provide can include your name, mailing address, email address and specific information particular to the service.
We may also collect personal information from you when you access the website for general administration purposes. The information we may collect will comprise some or all of the following: your name, address, telephone e-mail address, IP address and postcode. We may in some cases collect information about you that may not be personal data. For example, the type of Internet browser you are using, the type of computer operating system you are using, and the domain name of a website from which you linked to our website.
Use of your information
We may use your personal information to identify you as a Client, to process payments, to update our records and to generally manage your account with us. We will also use the information we collect to track and monitor the usage of our website and help us understand the patterns of site visitors. This will help us operate the site more effectively, identify what sort of information is of interest to our users and assist us in business processes such as accounting, marketing and record keeping.
In addition, we may also use your personal information for the following purposes:
- to help us identify you and the service we provide to you;
- to enable you to receive the service you have requested; if you are a Client, to administer the services, inform you of events, education, provide services and fulfil our obligations to you;
- to communicate with you generally;
- research, survey completion and profiling;
- statistical analysis and behavioural analysis;
- to detect, investigate and prevent activity we think may be potentially illegal, unlawful or harmful, including:
- fraud prevention and detection (including credit scoring and credit checking where we have sought your consent);
- for management and auditing of our business operations including accounting.
Keeping in touch
We will contact you from time to time with Client service announcements on subjects such as new products or services, planned outages affecting the service provided, changes to our terms and conditions or other relevant information. You will also be able to receive advance alerts, with a choice of frequency. We would also like to email our newsletter to you. This includes news regarding our website which may be of interest to its users. We have a firm commitment to protecting your privacy and security as our user. You can unsubscribe from the newsletter at any time by contacting us at the address below.
Retaining your personal information
Unless we explain otherwise to you, we’ll hold your personal information based on the following criteria
- Client’s data will be held for the term of the services as requested by the Client; and/or
- For as long as we have reasonable business needs, such as managing our relationship with you and managing our operations; and/or
- Retention periods in line with legal and regulatory requirements or guidance.
We may share your personal information with third parties but only in the strictly limited circumstances set out below.
- In certain circumstances we may share your personal information with affiliated companies and service providers who perform functions on our behalf such as our internet service provider. These third parties must at all times provide the same levels of security for your personal information as us and will be bound by a legal agreement to keep your personal information private and secure.
- We may also supply your personal information to government bodies and law enforcement agencies but only: if we are required to do so by the requirements of any applicable law.
We are committed to protecting the privacy of your personal data. We use appropriate standards of technology and operational security to protect personal information including a secure server and network firewall connection. Operationally, access to personal information is restricted to authorised personnel who are under a duty to maintain the confidentiality and security of such information.
Internet and Data Storage
We encourage our Clients to be vigilant while online. Personal information submitted by means of the Internet may be vulnerable to unauthorised access by third parties. Submission of personal information using the Internet is at your own risk. We will take reasonable and appropriate technical measures to ensure that your personal information is stored in a secure manner. However, we shall have no liability for disclosure of data due to errors in transmission or the fraudulent, negligent or other illegal acts of a third party, such as ‘Hacking’. Any transmission of personal information on or through the use of our website is at your own risk.
Transmission of data overseas
We will not transfer your personal information to countries outside the European Economic Area. We will transfer your personal information to our website hosting administrators who are based in the EU. We will not transfer your personal data outside the EU without your prior consent and not without first having assessed the adequacy of protection for individual rights in respect of personal data available in that country
By continuing to use the website and/or register to use the services, you are confirming your consent for us to transmit your data within the EU only in the circumstances described above. In all cases however, we will ensure that any transfer of your information is compliant with the Data Protection Legislation.
You have a number of legal rights in relation to the information that we hold about you, including:
- Right to access: You have the right to request access to your personal data held by us. Requests are to be made in writing, electronically and information will be provided in a commonly used electronic format. Requests will be handled within one month of receipt of the request, and free of charge with the exception of where requests are manifestly unfounded or excessive we hold the right to charge a reasonable fee taking into account the administrative costs of providing the information. More information can be found at here.
- Right to rectification: You have the right to have personal data rectified if inaccurate or incomplete. Where the personal data in question has been disclosed to a third party, they will be made aware of the rectification where possible. Requests are to be made in writing, electronically, and will be handled within one month of receipt of the request.
- Right to erasure: You have the right to request the deletion or removal of personal data in the following circumstances:
- Where the personal data is no longer necessary in relation to the purpose for which it was originally collected/processed.
- When you withdraw consent.
- When you object to the processing and there is no overriding legitimate interest for continuing the processing.
- The personal data was unlawfully processed (i.e. otherwise in breach of the GDPR).
- The personal data has to be erased in order to comply with a legal obligation.
This does not provide an absolute “Right to be forgotten”. Where the personal data in question has been disclosed to a third party, we will inform them about the erasure of the personal data, unless it is impossible or involves disproportionate effort to do so. Personal data will be erased by removal from our internal and cloud servers.
- Right to restrict processing: You have a right to ‘block’ or suppress processing of personal data if you contest its accuracy; have objected to the processing; processing is unlawful and you oppose erasure; we no longer need the personal data but you require the data to establish, exercise or defend a legal claim. Where the personal data in question has been disclosed to a third party, we will inform them about the restriction on processing of the data, unless it is impossible or involves disproportionate effort to do so.
- Right to data portability: You have the right to obtain and reuse your personal data for your own purposes. Requests are to be made in writing, electronically, and will be handled within one month of receipt of the request.
- Right to object: You have the right to object to processing based on legitimate interests or the performance of a task in the public interest/exercise of official authority (including profiling); direct marketing (including profiling); and processing for purposes of scientific/historical research and statistics. Requests will be dealt with by immediate effect with no right for refusal.
You also have the right to make a complaint with the Information Commissioner at www.ico.org.uk if you think that any of your rights have been infringed by us.
All requests will be dealt with in your own merit, and in accordance with the Data Protection Legislation guidance.
Should a data breach occur, we have compliant procedures in place to investigate and report the matter to the Individual. In the event of a breach, it will be reported to you within 72 hours of discovery. A record of any breaches will be kept by the company. You can exercise your rights by contacting us using the details set out in the “Contact Address” section below.
When visitors leave comments on the site, we collect the data shown in the comments form, and the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognise and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
Cookies we use
We use Google Analytics tracking cookies to collect anonymous traffic data about how visitors use our site. We use the information to compile reports and to help us improve the site. The cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the site, where visitors have come to the site from and the pages they visited. To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites, visit http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
We also use other cookies which are just to aid the functionality of the website:-
- Session Cookie for Client login/Registration.
- Additional cookies, for administration functions once Clients are logged in.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.